Sir Thomas Wharton Academy uses an online secure service called ParentPay to pay for Academy trips, music lessons and much more.
WHAT IS PARENTPAY? WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO PARENTS/CARES AND STUDENTS?
- ParentPay offers you the freedom to make payments by debit or credit card whenever and wherever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - safe in the knowledge that the technology used is of the highest internet security available.
- You have a secure online account, activated using a unique username and password (you will be prompted to change these and to keep them safe and secure for future logins).
- If you have more than one child at our Academy, you only need to activate one account to create your 'main account' and then add your other children via the 'Add a Child' tab on your home page.
- Making a payment is straightforward and ParentPay holds a payment history for you to view at a later date. No card details are stored in any part of the system.
- Once you receive your activation login details, please visit www.parentpay.com and activate your account via the 'Account Login' area on the home page of the site.
- When you have activated your account, you can make online payments straight away.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO THE ACADEMY?
The more parents/carers that use ParentPay, the greater the benefit is to the Academy. You can help us reduce workloads for all staff, creating more time to lend to educational support and the smooth running of the school. Using ParentPay also ensures that all financial transactions are safe and secure - helping us to remove costs associated with us having to manage cash securely on the school premises.
ALREADY HAVE A PARENTPAY ACCOUNT?
If you already have a ParentPay account, either with our Academy or another ParentPay school, you can simply login to that account and add your other children via the 'Add a Child' tab on your home page. You will need the activation username and password to do this.
Parents/carers who do need to continue making payments by cash may do so using the PayPoint network at local convenience stores.
PayPoint payments are still recorded by ParentPay and can be seen by logging into your ParentPay account and viewing your payment history online. The nearest PayPoint stores to the Academy in Edlington are Costcutter, Nisa, Asda and the Co-op Petrol Station. Academy trip and activity information letters or invoices will carry a unique barcode which will allow you to make cash payments at your local PayPoint store.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHEN CAN I LOG IN TO MY ACCOUNT?
Once you have received your activation letter from school with your activation login details you’ll be able to activate your account and start making payments. This letter will be sent to you soon by your school.
WHICH CARDS CAN I USE?
ParentPay accepts MasterCard and Visa credit cards, and Maestro, Switch, Delta, Electron, Solo and Visa debit cards. Some schools may limit the use of credit cards for some transactions; you will be informed by the school directly of any such restrictions.
IS IT SAFE TO MAKE PAYMENTS ON THE INTERNET?
Yes. ParentPay uses leading technology to process your card transactions securely. All communication with the bank is encrypted and neither ParentPay nor the school have access to your card details.
HOW CAN I CHECK THAT IT'S SECURE?
Standard website addresses begin with http; the address for a secure site will always begin with https. You will also see a padlock at the bottom/top right of the screen on our login page and after you have logged into your account; never enter your card details or personal data on any web page whose address does not start https.
WHAT ABOUT OUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
ParentPay holds a very limited amount of information about you and your child solely for the purpose of administering your account; however ParentPay does not use your personal information other than for supporting the school. We do not share or give information to any other organisations. We operate under strict guidelines set out by the Data Protection Act 1998. ParentPay will NEVER contact you by phone, email or mail and ask you to divulge confidential information like passwords or card numbers. If you are ever contacted by someone claiming to be from ParentPay, please contact us immediately on 0845 257 5540.
I DON'T HAVE A HOME PC SO HOW CAN I USE PARENTPAY?
Why not visit your local library, internet café or see if you can get access to a computer at work alternatively ask if you can use your school’s computers. Many schools have computers available for parents and will be happy to show you how to use them.
For more information please visit ParentPay