A Level Results Day!
A letter was sent out on Friday 17th July. Please click here to view the letter.
Y11 pREP pROJECT
To prepare our Y11 for the next stage in their academic career we have developed a number of ‘transition prep projects’ for them to complete before joining us in September. Please click here to find out more.
There are many reasons to join Post 16 @ MLT.
- Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is in the top ten for students progress for A Levels and Academic subjects in the whole of South Yorkshire.
- We have the second highest score for A Levels and Academic progress in Doncaster and the only school in Doncaster with positive progress for disadvantaged students.
- Our teachers are experienced, have in depth and up to date subject knowledge to help you achieve the highest outcomes to go on to succeed in your chosen field.
- Our Careers Advice and Educational Guidance is second to none, so students go on to a wide variety of high quality destinations and careers, including universities, highly sought after apprenticeships and more.
- Your student journey will be unique to you. We offer a vast range of examined, and non-examined courses, our teachers will personalise your lessons and your timetable for you as an individual, pushing you to achieve your highest outcomes.
- We have a broad and full enrichment programme that enhances and supports your experience. You can take part in work experience, study finance, photography, an Extended Project Qualification, to name but a few! The choice is yours.
- Our students have access to our two campuses, with minibus transport provided between the two sites.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
UCAS have advised that they are extending May’s UCAS Undergraduate decision and reply deadlines following an announcement by the UK Government, asking universities and colleges in England to hold back from making unconditional offers or amending existing offers.
We can now confirm the new dates:
|Original Date||UCAS Undergraduate deadline||New Date|
|5 May 2020||The deadline for applicants to reply to any offers received by 31 March 2020||19 May 2020|
|6 May 2020||The deadline for universities and colleges to make decisions and reply to applications received by 15 January 2020.||20 May 2020|
DfE Update regarding University offers
Please click here for a press release from the DfE regarding not changing offers for 2 weeks to provide some stability while the process for calculated grades is worked out.
UCAS Update regarding covid-19
Please click here for an update from UCAS regarding the recent announcements to close schools and the affect this will have on the summer exams.
Year 11 Taster Day - TueSday 17th March 2020
Unfortunately our Taster Day has had to be postponed but here is the letter which provides information on what the day will involve when we have the rearranged date.
Please click on this button for more information regarding Maltby Learning Trusts 16-19 study programme.
Travel Pass Information
To apply for a Post 16 travel pass or for further information please click on this link http://travelsouthyorkshire.com/1618/